MP Technologies Safety Program
At MP Technologies, we understand that safety comes first. That’s why we adhere to a comprehensive set of safety practices throughout the life of a project. We’re committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, your employees, and the general public visiting a job site.
To achieve this goal, every reasonable effort is made to eliminate conditions and procedures that might lead to accidents. MP Technologies provides equipment that is well maintained and appropriate for the job task. We provide necessary personal protective equipment and the training to perform the job safely.
We maintain a safety and health program that conforms to the best practices of organizations in our industry. To be successful, this program promotes an attitude toward injury and illness prevention for superintendents, foremen and employees. It also requires cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between the foreman and the employee, but also between each employee and his or her fellow workers. Only through such a cooperative effort can a safety record be established and maintained.
Our safety program includes the following:
- A job hazard analysis program to identify and eliminate/control unsafe working procedures or practices.
- A self-inspection program administered by the Safety Committee to identify and correct hazardous conditions.
- Training guidelines for all employees.
- Necessary personal protective equipment and instructions in proper care and use.
- Developed and enforced work safety rules as a condition of employment.
- Prompt and thorough reporting and investigation of every accident.
- A system of recognition and awards for exceptional safety performance.
- Annual review and modification when appropriate.
Documented employee safety training is critical to MP Technology’s program. It ensures that workers are made aware of workplace hazards and that appropriate precautions are taken to avoid an accident and/or injury.
Safety and Quality Audits
MP Technologies utilizes an online quality and safety audit form to evaluate safety and quality on the jobsite. Each audit evaluates multiple items relating to safety tasks and assuring quality work is being performed. MP Technologies can supply the results of the audits to our customers.
Training Requirements for MP Technologies Employees:
- All training is documented. MP Technologies can provide complete reports and documentation for all training completed by our employees
- Every employee is required to train and verify that they have mastered the skills necessary for the tasks they are performing. No employee is allowed to perform tasks until they have verification that they have received training and have successfully passed the classroom and field tests required.
- In addition to training for tasks, general safety training is mandatory for all employees.
- All Employees are re-trained after long layoffs or changes in duty. Employees are retrained anytime they fail to properly perform a task.
- All MP Technologies gas employees are required to be trained and tested for covered tasks for Operator Qualification.
- NEW ORIENTATION TRAINING
MP Technologies Operator Qualification Program:
- MP Technologies utilizes Midwest Energy Association’s on line individual Operator Qualification Training and Testing.
- All employees are required to complete all courses for their level prior to arriving on any gas jobsite.
- Additional courses can be assigned for those employees needing training for specific tasks.
- All OQ records are maintained in the MEA system. MP Technologies can provide complete reports to verify OQ training.
- MP Technologies utilizes MEA’s Electrical OQ training and testing for Electric Operator Qualification to supplement electrical training.
MP Technology’s training programs include:
- Employee Right To Know (ERTK)
- Trench Safety
- Excavation Training
- Exposing Buried Utilities
- Damage Prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment Training
- Defensive Driving/Drivers Alert
- Accident Procedures
- OSHA Training thru Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee
- Weekly Tool Box Talks
MP Technologies provides additional specialized training including:
- First Aid CPR
- Confined Space
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Directional Boring Certification
- Hydro-Vac Safety Training
- Gas Fusion Certification (Utility Specific)
- Gas Safety Installation
- Electric Safety and Installation
- Aerial Safety and Training
- Operator Qualification Training
- Foreman Training
Safety Awards and Incentives:
The Safety Incentive Program will endeavor to promote safety and a healthy workplace environment by giving the employee an opportunity to be proactive in spotting workplace hazards and unsafe acts.
Individuals are awarded incentives for:
- Submitting safety suggestions.
- Having excellent safety records.
- Maintaining proper safety procedures.
- Record keeping.